Five Things to Know About Kay Thompson
1. Aside from being well known for her short acting career and famous literary character Eloise, Thompson was also a prominent dancer, pianist, singer, composer and choreographer.
2. A native Missourian, Thompson began her career as a singer and choral director for radio shows.
3. She later become a vocal coach to Judy Garland, Lena Horne and Frank Sinatra.
4. She only starred in two films, Funny Face and Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon.
5. Eloise is speculated to be based partially on Thompson's goddaughter, Liza Minnelli's childhood, although Kay is adamant that she is in fact Eloise.
(image via waldina)